Monday, May 23, 2011

A First date with a Dreamy Latin Lover… Breaking All the Rules

I said recently on Twitter that I wanted a relationship somewhere between a booty call and matching sweaters.  Where I am in life now, I really want someone to share life with but maybe not necessarily be smothered by them.  I’m really busy doing a lot of different projects right now, my kids and my friends both have been angry with me lately that I work way too much.    So, although I do want someone in my life, realistically don’t have time to have a full on boyfriend.  Truth be told I probably don’t have the time to do all the hair removal alone that having a full time boyfriend would require.   
I kill my own spiders. I have a busy life and maybe have gotten used to having some space.  With that being said, if I found someone great, I’d be thrilled to spend Saturday mornings skipping through Home Depot with someone picking out light fixtures and the perfect shade of eggshell paint.
In dating, I play it safe:  I have rules, parameters and try to make good decisions.    I don’t want to make a stupid decision that will just end up breaking my heart.  Well you know what, with all these smart decisions, it hasn’t panned out for me.   It was time to take a chance and roll the dice.
It all started with a funny email from the dating site from an incredibly gorgeous man.   
This is going to be a shock to you, but my headline on the dating site is extremely sarcastic.  I know you are shocked, I know…   He emailed me and returned my sarcasm.   He was so good looking and although looks aren’t high on my list, he was smart and funny too.  His response was equally sarcastic and his profile hinted at a touch of mischievousness, ok plus he was gorgeous, did I mention that?   The downside is that he lives about 2 hours from me, and I don’t do long distance.   But what the hell, I could have some fun chit chat with this man I’d NEVER meet, right? 
That’s what I thought….
We volleyed fun and playful, yet innocent emails.    I trailed off emailing him and I was surprised to hear from him the next day asking what happened to me and then dropped a bombshell that business was going to be bringing him to my city in a couple of days.     He asked if I’d like to meet for a drink and if was free on Friday.    
Um… you mean Friday as in two days from now???  Was there time to get plastic surgery, tan, teeth whitened, new outfit, mani/pedi?     Initially , I was sceeeeered, really sceeeeered.    But then I thought, “What the hell?”  It was just a drink and if it didn’t go well we could both bow out gracefully.   I framed it to myself as meeting someone new, what was the harm in that?  Ok.... someone who just happened to be incredibly good looking, funny, smart, ya no big deal.  Nope, I couldn’t care less about meeting him.

Excerpt from tomorrow’s post:
He walked into the bar; we recognized each other right away and had huge smiles.  He was dreamy in person and we had this incredibly sexy moment immediately.   He went to sit down next to me, my back was turned to him and he put his hand on the small of my back.   I looked over my shoulder at him and he inhaled deeply and said, “Wow you smell great. Mmm.”     
The attraction was already off the charts in the first minute and it only heated up from there.
But of course, in true Single Mom fashion, a fantasy date couldn’t happen without having a sick child at home…

I can't wait to tell you the rest...

Please vote for the blog, today is the last day!!! Thank you, so much!!!
>http://www.circleofmoms.com/blogger/single-mom-s-dating-diary

Smooches,

The Single Mom

2 comments:

DavidRayDog said...

Also hot! (re: "reactions" notes)
Thanks for sharing!

singlemom said...

You are so welcome, thank you for reading!!! Besos!