Monday, June 20, 2011

What's Been Happening in My Love Life or Not Happening... Latin Lover Update and More

Sad News for The Single Mom


So, on the last episode of "The Single Mom's Love Life" she had a steamy evening with her new sexy Latin Lover beau, sending him off for a two week vacation to visit family on the west coast.  The evening was perfect and The Single Mom was walking on a cloud for several days after, daydreaming of his kisses, his touch, and well, more *cough cough*. 

The Single Mom was vowing to be more relaxed about following where this relationship goes, not to overthink it and not to be demanding.  Well, there's a difference in not being demanding and being flat out stupid.   I only heard from him once very late in his trip.  To his defense, he said they did go to Mexico, which I'm sure made it more difficult to keep in touch.  However, he was on the dating site every couple of days or so and could have emailed me.  So, I've decided at this point to let it go and say goodbye to him.

Am I heartbroken?   Yes, definitely.   I had a lot of hope about him and where it could go.   I clearly hadn't let myself fall for him but it would have been so easy to.   I'm not sure how I feel about dating right at the moment.  I might need some breathing space, I'll just have to see what happens.  I wish I could put a happy spin on this and use the old when one door opens thing, but truth is, I'm not able to throw a coat of sugar on top of this, yet. 
 


In other news:

If you don't see posts from me every day, I'm splitting up my time working on a book.  It's a really steamy and funny read.  I know you'll love it, so bear with me.


Thanks for reading and I appreciate all your support. 

Smooches,

The Single Mom

6 comments:

James Marriott said...

*hugs you*

DavidRayDog said...

That f'kng idiot!
Sorry, couldn't help editorializing. You deserve better.
(hugs)

Jenniffer said...

:/ damn latin lover. grr! I had such hopes for him!!!!!!!! ugh. Men :/
I'm having trouble with my 'cub' lately as well.. I might have to let him go and move on, and I like him so much! But, a momma has to do what a momma has to do! *hugs* I'm so sorry about him :( Hopefully you'll distract yourself between work, kids, the website, and the book and heal faster ;D

singlemom said...

Thanks for all the support and comments. We have been talking a little and I've set some parameters. I'm not sure what to do from here, but I am open to talking to him. I didn't know that he left his phone at home, so I thought he was ignoring my texts. When he found out that it hurt my feelings, he apologized... so I don't know... the conversation is still open... I'm not going to settle for someone who isn't into me, so I'm going to be smart for sure. Smooches!

bleu said...

:( sorry to hear that, I know it hurts. But it sounds like you two have communicated since then. Best of luck! And yes, the parameters sounds like a good idea.

singlemom said...

Thanks, Bleu... yes it's helping to talk, it was a little bit of a misunderstanding. I'm not sure what is going to happen but I won't settle for something that isn't going to make me happy. I've been through too much to do that. Thanks! <3