Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Three Exes and a Lady (Part Two) - Sexy Dates with "Man Candy"


Ex #3 – Man Candy


You may remember “Man Candy” from earlier this year.  We were developing a close, fun and passionate bond during the cold days and nights of winter.    I was just beginning to envision him in my life but was blindsided when things abruptly ended between us.  One of his biggest reasons for ending it was the distance between us and how much I work.    In the months that have passed, my work assignment has taken me to a location about 5 minutes from where he lives, compared to the daunting 45 minute barrier we had in the past. 

One night several weeks ago after a long day at work, my coworkers and I had a beer or two to put the day behind us.  (Enter the dreaded drunk text… yup!   I’m taking full advantage of a low alcohol tolerance and “Mr. Coors” is the beer that made me do this ill-advised move.)  Mr. Coors told me it was a GREAT idea to text Man Candy and that he was eagerly awaiting a text from me.   Unfortunately, I totally listened to him and took his advice.    The pithy, little text gem of 140 characters or less said something like ”hey I work near where you live and you should meet me for a drink sometime”.  Of course it wouldn’t be a drunk text without sloppy spelling mistakes and a smiley face using a colon and a parenthesis.   Duh, I keep it classy like that, people.

Imagine how surprised I was about 20 minutes later to open his reply telling me that he’d like to do that sometime soon.   Score one for the drunk girl:  Whoooo!!!   Although it was great hearing back from him, I didn’t expect anything really except a enjoying a summer night overlooking the river and casual chit chat over a beer.   I was careful to not let myself have any daydreams of us running at each other with arms wide open across a daisy field or anything else remotely like it.  This was just going to be a casual beer, no biggie. 

He texted early the next week to set up a time to get together and we made plans for the next night.    He suggested the little spot on the river, near my office.   Admittedly, I did primp quite a bit, wore something cute but not trashy and rocked the extra high heels.   As I ran into a coworker on the way out, she commented on how nice I looked,  I thought she was just noticing that I looked different since I usually don’t wear much makeup.    I told her I was meeting an ex for a drink and was careful to NOT use the word “date”.   

He was waiting outside the bar for me, looked great and greeted me nicely with a hug.  Admittedly, the first few minutes were slightly awkward.   My mindset was self-protective and completely different than the first time I met him.   In the first few minutes, I was trying to decide if I was still attracted to him.  I couldn’t help but wonder if he was thinking the same as I sipped on my beer.

We were seated outside on the patio overlooking the river on a beautiful summer night.  We talked about our kids, jobs and lives in general.  Basically, we caught each other up on the past several months.   The tone was unusually serious, which was a little odd for our typical conversations.  I think we were both being cautious instead of having a good time and enjoying ourselves. 

When the conversation moved into our personal lives, he shared that he isn’t seeing anyone and has had really awful luck in the dating world lately.   He said things like “giving up” and I could tell that he meant it.   I explained that I’ve been working hard and not actively dating much.   We talked and shared for a few hours, with no awkward silences.   I was intentionally very careful to not flirt or send any kind of message that I was interested in seeing him again.    

The night flew by and he walked me toward the elevators.   The sky was beautiful and we were surrounded by people out enjoying the evening.  

We exchanged a nice hug and I was shocked when he turned his face and kissed me.  I was caught off guard and it was a little bit of an awkward kiss at first, but ended much better.    He said he’d like to get together again sometime if I’d be open for that.    I quickly nodded and made a fast exit.  

As I got into my car, I couldn’t help myself but I was excited, maybe giddy even.  I had a long drive home and thought of him most of the time.   The kiss was completely unexpected and it struck me that it had been a long time that one kiss had been such a big deal.   It made me realize that I’ve sometimes moved too fast and enjoying the moment of a goodnight kiss was a pure and simple pleasure.

Over the next few weeks, we kept in touch here and there but couldn’t actually get together until just last week.  We planned a date, meeting after I was finished at work on a Friday night.    I had to be up very early the next day, but having a drink and male company was worth getting a little less sleep.

I took several minutes in the restroom to straighten my hair, apply makeup, spray my vanilla perfume in strategic places and put on my sexy heels before I left to meet him.    It was a great day at work and I was in a silly mood and was a little excited to see him. 

It took me a few minutes to spot him, but saw him drinking a beer and watching a baseball game seated at the bar.   I walked over to join him and he greeted me with a nice long hug.   A waitress took my order in a few minutes and delivered my beer quickly as we jumped right into a conversation.    I’m not sure if he was in a great mood or if my silliness rubbed off on him, but we were cracking each other up.  It was random and probably borderline immature conversation, but completely fun and light.  

I know I didn’t intentionally touch his thigh, but when I casually placed it there as I was trying to make a point; I froze for a few seconds.  I caught myself and for a few moments I didn’t know what to do.   He picked up on my fear and, smiled not seeming to mind in the slightest.   The chemistry between us was building, and as the night continued, we were sitting noticeably closer. 

We were having a lot of fun and chatting about the sports we were watching.   He was teasing me in a playful way and it started to feel like the connection we had the first time had returned.    Some of the conversations were continuations of things we teased each other about this past winter.  It started to feel very natural to be together again and things were flowing smoothly between us. 

I didn’t want to end the evening and I stayed out longer than I planned to, but it was time for me to say goodnight.   He walked me out and this time I noticed he placed his hand gently on the small of my back as he guided me out of the restaurant.   

It was a clear night, lots of people around and faint music in the background.   He walked me to the elevator where we had to go our separate ways.  He jokingly offered me his knuckles to do a knuckle bump as our goodnight exchange.   I looked at him with a furrowed brow and pursed lips to express my dislike. 

He quickly swept his arms around my waist, drew me in close and kissed me.    He kissed me romantically and softly at first but it became increasingly more passionate.    We broke our kiss and looked at each other, I was quite aware of the dreamy look I had on my face.  He smiled at me, and seemed to be laughing at me about the expression on my face.   

He quickly pulled me against him again and began kissing me passionately where the last kiss left off.    I bit his lower lip softly as I kissed him, remembering how much he liked that.   His kisses became harder and deeper and I didn’t want him to stop, but I knew we should.   We both pulled away, stared silently at each other and quietly said our goodnights. 

It was a great date and it felt incredible to be kissed like that again.  It made me feel happy and put a smile on my face for several days every time I thought about it.   There isn’t a plan or a “where is this going” conversation going on in my head right now at all.   I think we will see each other again soon and our dates will be pretty similar to this.  For the moment, it’s just perfect to be out with him, flirt and kiss without having to overthink what is going to happen. 

So, “The Three Exes and a Lady” story has a happy ending today.   Three exes, a smarter Lady, a few broken rules, closure, sexual frustration and finally some sexy, passionate kisses – not fairytale material necessarily, but things are getting better, much better. 

Smooches,

The Single Mom


5 comments:

Jenniffer said...

uhoh.. Does this mean that Man Candy will be around for awhile?? :) ;D

singlemom said...

Haha, lil mama! I don't know if Man Candy will be around for awhile or if I'm just gonna take a piece or two from the candy jar... lol! I'm enjoying the single life right now and I truly feel like a better version of myself without a relationship... however the flirting and sexy mojo is fun... Smooches!!!

LRB 12C said...

Well it's happened again, another lost opportunity To get Laid,and with a "safe" Trusty known "Commodity". Over thinking and not just Relaxing and going with the Flow. As long as you had fun, I guess "It" Don't Matter...<3

justmewith.com said...

Smiling.

justmewith.com said...

Smiling.